....upholding artificial barriers since 2007 Don't screw with my mind. It's offensive

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Strength for today, bright hope for tomorrow (October 5)

Why I like to blog. I like to blog because to blog you don’t have to be grammatically correct. (Although it helps.) To blog you don’t have to have an introduction a body and a conclusion. You don’t need to finish your blog with kerygmatic content (the Gospel story.) Blogging does not require an imperative (what you should do) although it does have an indicative (a statement of what the situation at hands looks like)… You don’t need a thesis, a proposition, premise or organizing observation (although they help.) Don’t have to expose the ethos and mythos of your blog. Don’t have to be able to read the living human web of your blog readers either. Just wanted yall to know that I’ve been going to class.

Today, my roommate and I had a conversation with a US immigrant. I don’t mean that in a demeaning way at all. He opened our eyes to the world’s view of America, and awakened the conspiracy theorist in me. He talked about the international radio and news stations that he’s privy to, and how they tell the truth about the way that our government behaves and the way that the [not so] free world is run by a select group of billionaires.

But the overwhelming message that I kept hearing in my mind was that there is hope. There is the basic hope, generally shared through out humanity, that God’s love has the infinite potential to shine in their hearts.

Even our enlightened sales person himself, a naturalized us citizen an Afghan, saw hope for our world (America.) Would you argue that your world is bigger than America, your state, your county, and your community? Well you might be right, but most of us don't have that kind of "big picture vision."

I guess I agree with Soul brother #1 (my one white professor.) The over arching story is ultimately about the beginning (creation) and the conclusion (consummation of creation.) But it would be boring with out the body, the problem (sin) and the solution (salvation) that all fits in the middle. The hope that salvation intervenes in the story makes it all worth while.

Oh well the sleep man cometh, it’s 2:41 am.

1 Comments:

Blogger SimplEnigma said...

Re: the news here...I noticed that the first time I came to this country how very American-centered the news was. Many times, it was as if other parts of the world existed only by their relation to America.

I prefer to watch BBC world, although news will always be country-centric to some extent.

3:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home