....upholding artificial barriers since 2007 Don't screw with my mind. It's offensive

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Show me the money (October 4)


Mayor Nagin is firing half of the city employees in New Orleans.

They’re going to have send notice to them through FEMA. Maybe they already figured they weren’t going to have jobs. And I guess it doesn’t make sense to spend the relief money on salary for city employees. I don’t know, I can’t pretend to know what I would do if I was in his position. He’s the face of the firing though, and look at how sad that face is. He’s doing a heck of a job putting on face. Don't know if he was responsible for this decision or not. It really doesn't matter thought does it? Please don't take this as me being critical of him.

I thought I was going to leave Katrina alone. But a sad situation just keeps getting sadder. It’s kind of like when some one dies, they are all on your mind the week of the death and funeral, but the weeks after they tend to fade from your memory. I don’t want them to fade but I don’t want to deal with the anguish either, and it’s not getting better.

So they are firing half of the city staff. Who would want to be Ray Nagin right now? Not me, but we need to pray for the brother. I want to know what they are going to do for them and there jobs, if the city government is laying folks off how does that bode for the economy as a whole?

This blog is short because I’ve had to write three papers and I’m almost written out.

So…how about a little humor?

Jon Stewart on Hurricane Rita:
"No matter how anticipated, sequels are always less compelling than the originals. Katrina? You got your mayhem, your devastation, your city wiped out. Rita? Yes, there was some damage, but where was the zazz? It was the Ghostbusters 2 of hurricanes."

I love Jon Stewart. If you watch the 10 o’clock news try to stay up and watch “the fake news” on Comedy Central; the daily show. Very entertaining. Only an half hour. It’s hilarious, but it’s so true, and if it’s not true it’s so ridiculously false that you can tell. At least they are honest about their mistruths. Not like the other news that you watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home